For Immediate Release | March 18, 2019
City of St. Albert Spring and Spring Break Recreation Activities
Spring is in the Air!
The City of St. Albert invites residents to enjoy a healthier and more active lifestyle by taking part in spring recreation and fitness activities and programs.
Longer days and warmer temperatures are finally here, allowing us to spend more time in nature to clear the mind and fuel our bodies with fun and fresh air! You can also take advantage of the registered and drop-in programs at Servus Credit Union Place or Fountain Park Recreation Centre to enjoy some physical activity for you and your family. There are many options and below are just a few highlights you can enjoy this spring:
- Keep your kids active during spring break at a variety of kids camps at Servus Place and Fountain Park Recreation Centre.
- Breathe in the crisp, spring air with a walk, bike or run along more than 99 kilometres of the scenic Red Willow Trail system.
- Need to rejuvenate after all that snow shovelling this winter? Enjoy the hot tub, sauna, steam room or lazy river in the Landrex Water Play Centre at Servus Place.
- Local wildlife will be more active now that winter has ended. Go wildlife watching in Riverlot 56 or Lois Hole Provincial Park and catch a glimpse first-hand.
- Let your four-legged friend run free in the warmth of the sun at one of our dog-friendly parks: Dodger Dog-Friendly Park and Lacombe Lake Dog-Friendly Park.
- Bust out of that winter funk with a personal trainer at Servus Place.
- Visiting a lake this summer? Get prepared for outdoor water fun and practice swimming skills with lessons and drop-in swimming at Fountain Park Recreation Centre!
- Drop-in and play some pickleball, badminton, shinny hockey, basketball, volleyball, or sign up for a fitness program like spin, Pilates, yoga, boxing, powerlifting and more at Servus Place.
Discover more exciting activities available to you by visiting stalbert.ca/spring.
- 30 -