For Immediate Release / March 24, 2020
Update on the City of St. Albert’s Response to COVID-19
Update for March 24, 2020
The City of St. Albert is taking a thoughtful and measured approach to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community. In an effort to keep residents and visitors informed, below is a summary of some current information to be aware of.
City services still open/operating
- Customers enrolled for pre-authorized withdrawals for utility services that are not able to pay their April utility bill in full must notify Utility Services by April 8, 2020 at the latest for payments coming out on the 15th of the month. Call 780-459-1520 (option 2), or email Utilities_Services@stalbert.ca
- Property owners enrolled for pre-authorized monthly taxation instalments and are not able to pay their April tax instalment in full must notify Assessment and Taxation by email email@example.com:
- By April 7, 2020 at the latest for property owners that pay on the 15th of the month.
- By April 24, 2020 at the latest for property owners that pay at the end of the month. Unless listed on the facility closures or listed above, all City services are still available for access by phone, email or online.
- The City of St. Albert is shifting its language to request community members practice physical distancing with social connectedness as per Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta Medical Officer of Health. Physical distancing is a deliberate action to increase the space between people by two metres (or six feet) to decrease or eliminate the spread of a virus such as COVID-19.
Closures to City facilities
Current facility closures extended until May 31, 2020, including bookings, rentals, programs and services.
Suspension of City programs or services
No new suspensions.
Cancellation of City events
- Current event cancellations extended until May 31, 2020.
- The Arden Theatre Box Office is closed until April 30, 2020.
Please check the City’s website and social media for updates and further information. The City thanks its residents and patrons as we work through our response to COVID-19. For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Alberta Health Services website, a link to which is available at stalbert.ca/covid19.
- 30 -
Last edited: April 2, 2020