For Immediate Release / May 1, 2020
Update on the City of St. Albert's Response to COVID-19
The City of St. Albert is taking a thoughtful and measured approach to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community. In an effort to keep residents and visitors informed, below is a summary of some current information to be aware of.
Public Town Hall
The City is holding its second Public Town Hall on Thursday, May 7 to update residents on the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of Mayor Cathy Heron, Chief Administrative Officer Kevin Scoble, and Director of Emergency Management Percy Janke.
How to participate:
- Zoom (asking questions enabled)
- Link - https://zoom.us/j/98399794870
- Webinar ID: 983-9979-4870
- Phone (audio only – cannot asking questions)
- 1-855-703-8985 (Toll Free)
- Meeting ID: 983-9979-4870
- YouTube (view only)
- Please note: the YouTube recording will have a 20 second delay
Participants can submit questions in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning the City’s main line at 780-459-1500 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or live using Zoom during the Town Hall.
As of April 30, the City of St. Albert updated all closing dates on City tenders (RFPs). For a list of all RFPs and details, visit City Purchasing.
Closures to City facilities
No new closures as of May 1, 2020.
Suspension of City programs or services
No new suspensions as of May 1, 2020.
City services still open/operating
Unless listed on the facility closures or listed above, all City services are still available for access by phone, email or online.
Cancellation of City events
- May 8: Caelin Porter Walk (Lions Park)
- May 16: Landon Burt Cup (Dorchester Tennis Courts)
- May 29 to 31: St. Albert Challenge Track Meet (Fowler Track)
- May 30: Alimino Charity Walk (Kingswood Park)
- May 31: Postponed - Autorama (Drayden Insurance Building)
- May 31: Fliteway Charity Run (Kingswood Park)
Please check the City’s website and social media for updates and further information. The City thanks its residents and patrons as we work through our response to COVID-19.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Alberta Health Services website, a link to which is available at stalbert.ca/covid19.
- 30 -
Last edited: May 1, 2020