For Immediate Release / December 19, 2019
Winter Activity Guide
City of St. Albert Recreation Winter activity guide 2020
Make the Most of Our Long Winter Season!
It may be cold, but winter is a beautiful time of year to venture out into the snow and to make some fun memories with family and friends! The City of St. Albert has many outdoor and indoor recreation activities you can enjoy over the winter season. Bundle up the family and brave the cold to enjoy an outdoor activity or cozy up inside one of our recreation facilities, where you can work on your health and fitness. The options are endless, but here are a few highlights of activities that you and your family can enjoy:
- Enjoy a wintery view from the top of Mission Hill before taking a downhill ride on your toboggan!
- Explore the breathtaking beauty of the Red Willow Trail System on a winter walk, run or bike ride. The trails are cleared throughout the winter, so they can be enjoyed all season long.
- Experience nature at its wintery best with a snowshoeing adventure through Riverlot 56.
- Grab your friends for an impromptu game of ice hockey or bundle up with a warm cup of coffee and enjoy a leisurely skate with the family on one of our outdoor skating rinks.
- Try different workouts in a drop-in fitness class or partake in some drop-in recreation programs such as pickleball, basketball or shinny at Servus Credit Union Place.
- Feel instantly relaxed and warm up inside Fountain Park Recreation Centre! Drop-in fitness classes and swim times are offered daily.
- Relax and warm up at the Landrex Water Play Centre in Servus Place. Public swimming is available from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Register for a winter aquatics, fitness or recreation program now – they’re filling up fast!
Don’t let the cold keep you inside or slow you down! Explore some of our activity options today and get excited about winter. For more ideas, please visit stalbert.ca and search Winter Activity Guide.
- 30 -
Last edited: December 19, 2019