May 14 to 18 – St. Anne Street in front of parking lot
The City will be removing a streetlight across from City Hall on the sidewalk nearest the parking lot. To ensure pedestrian safety during this removal, there will be a complete sidewalk and crosswalk closure across from City Hall for a few hours while the pole is being removed.
- Pedestrians will be detoured to the Pedestrian Crossing by St. Thomas Street during the full crosswalk closure.
- Once the pole is removed, part of the crosswalk and sidewalk will reopen to pedestrians. The remaining work zone will be fenced off for safety.
- During construction, there will also be a temporary lane closure on St. Anne Street northbound between St. Thomas Street to just past City Hall.
Thank you for your patience.
March 6 to end of June 2018 – St. Albert Trail at St. Vital
There will be a temporary lane closure off St. Albert Trail southbound to westbound St. Vital Avenue.
- No right turns will be permitted due to construction.
- Please use McKenney Avenue and Muir Drive to travel westbound on St. Vital.
- Lane closure due to Project 9 construction and installation of a shaft that will be used to launch tunneling equipment and pipes. Please obey all signage.
- Detour Map
For information, visit the Project 9 webpage or call the City of St. Albert Construction Help Desk at 780-459-1762.
April 2017 to June 2018 – Sturgeon Road - #40 to #50
There will be a temporary road closure from #40 Sturgeon Road to #50 Sturgeon Road due to Project 9 construction and the installation of a shaft that will be used to launch tunneling equipment and pipes.
- Detour: Use Bishop Street/Sturgeon Road intersection to gain local access to Sturgeon Road.
- Please obey all signage.
- Sturgeon Road/Bishop Street Detour Map
For more information, visit the Project 9 webpage.
April 29 to end of July - Portions of Rivercrest Crescent
Portions of Rivercrest Crescent will be closed from April 29 to the end of July due to Project 9 construction, which includes:
- tunnelling under St. Albert Trail
- completing the open trench sewer pipe installation
- completing the road restoration.
For more information, click Rivercrest Crescent Detour Map.
Please obey all signage. Thank you for patience during this construction.
For more information, visit stalbert.ca/project9. Or call the City of St. Albert Construction Help Desk at 780-459-1762.
June to November 2018 - Traffic Delays - 127 Street north of Anthony Henday
City of Edmonton notification
Traffic delays due to new roadway construction expected between June and November 2018. Consider alternate routes to avoid delays.
Construction is taking place along 127th Street just north of the Anthony Henday during the 2018 construction season. To see alternate routes, click on the map.
Thank you to the City of Edmonton for sharing notification of this project.
- Section Links
Last edited: May 11, 2018