Lacombe Lake Park Open House 2018
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Bellerose Composite High School, 49 Giroux Road
Are you an avid Lacombe Lake Park user? Attend the upcoming Open House and learn what the City is doing to maintain and enhance the park’s usability. Plus, fill out a survey on the dog-friendly park!
Here’s the information you’ll discover at the Open House:
- Have Your Say! Provide your feedback on the small site enhancements and amenities you think would be beneficial at Lacombe Dog-Friendly Park. Examples: signage, benches, plantings, garbage cans, etc. Input will be used to help develop the park amenities plan.
- Learn how the City is improving the drainage within the dog-friendly park to help eliminate standing water issues, and the accumulation of silt. Construction includes:
- Developing two drainage swales to mitigate stormwater run off and reduce erosion.
- Drilling a new well and connecting supply line to provide a sustainable water level for the lake.
- Meet Municipal Enforcement staff and ask questions about various bylaws and enforcement at the park and throughout St. Albert. The City will be promoting and encouraging responsible pet ownership.
- Find out about the maintenance and service levels for the park, as well as the proposed plantings for the site.
- Learn about the Don’t Let It Loose campaign and the impact of invasive species on our aquatic environment. Also, hear about the Goldfish Management Program that is scheduled for Lacombe Lake in September 2018.