In April 2017, the federal government introduced Bill C-45 (Cannabis Act) to legalize recreational cannabis. While the legalization of cannabis is a federal decision, provinces and municipalities each have their own areas of responsibility to set clear processes for cannabis production, sale and consumption.
The federal legalization of cannabis will occur on October 17, 2018.
Public Information Session
Sept.25 | 6 to 8 p.m.
Progress Hall at the Arden Theatre, 5 St. Anne Street
- What St. Albert’s public consumption ban of cannabis means
- Where businesses can set up cannabis retail stores in the city
- How cannabis retail stores will operate in St. Albert
- How the RCMP and Municipal Enforcement will enforce the legalization of cannabis, and
- What social services are available to residents.
For information on how the City of St. Albert is moving forward with legalization in our community, please review the various pages below.
Last edited: September 5, 2018