Erin Ridge North Parks Enhancement
About the Project
Erin Ridge North is a growing community on the north side of St. Albert and contains parks that were constructed by the neighbourhood developer. The City is now prepared to complete development of the community by adding in new park amenities and completing Coal Mine Park. Four park sites are currently allocated and ready for final development and a master plan is now complete after public feedback took place in November/December 2017. Additional park sites will be dedicated in phase 2 of the Erin Ridge North development.
An open house took place on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 and residents who attended were able to look at the following sites and give feedback:
- Amenities surrounding Edgewater Storm Water Management Facility
- Amenities surrounding Element Storm Water Management Facility
- Coal Mine Park
- Everitt Park
- Future planning and feedback for park space in Erin Ridge North Phase 2 (north of Neil Ross road)
In addition, an online survey was made available in December 2017 to collect further feedback on the park enhancements. Through the survey, residents could view the open house information package and give their feedback.
Through the collection of feedback, a master plan for Erin Ridge North was completed, which includes a summary of feedback from the public engagement activities. The following will occur now that public engagement is complete:
- Final construction of Everitt Park will take place in summer 2018.
- Detailed design will be completed on Edgewater Storm Water Management Facility, Element Storm Water Management Facility, and Coal Mine Parks through 2018. More information will be posted on this page as plans become available.
- Construction of Edgewater, Element, and Coal Mine Park to begin in 2019, pending Council approval of funds for construction during the 2019 budget deliberations.
For More Information:
Manager of Community Recreation
Last edited: August 22, 2018