Lacombe Dog-Friendly Park Enhancements
- The City of St. Albert is looking for feedback from the public to understand concerns and needs regarding the Lacombe Dog Friendly Park.
- The Park location and fencing layout are not being modified within the scope of this project.
- The City is looking for input into site upgrades that may be necessary to satisfy users and neighbors of the park for ongoing enjoyment of this recreational space.
Focus of Design Recommendations
- To enhance the experience for dog owners with improved and additional small amenities
- To communicate the rules inside and outside the fenced area
- To ensure that the park is aesthetically pleasing to park users and neighbours, and to ensure views of park and lake are maintained
- To screen the fence from view to soften the edge of the dog park
- To draw dogs towards the east side of the park with interesting features, textures and plantings
Proposed Design Enhancements
- Shade trees
- Naturalized planting areas and rocky areas to attract dogs to a variety of landscape surfaces
- More seating – benching and picnic tables
- Additional shrub planting outside fenced area
- “Pee posts” to attract dogs to urinate in specific areas
- Notice board for public and City advertising
- Enhanced Rules Board to explain Animal Bylaw requirements and fines related to non-compliance
Have Your Say
Provide your feedback on the concept plan that was prepared by a consultant to add small site enhancements and amenities that would be beneficial at Lacombe Dog-Friendly Park. Examples: signage, benches, plantings, garbage cans, etc. The survey is now closed.
- Open House documents and feedback surveys will be available online.
- All feedback we receive will be compiled, reviewed and summarized in a report, with recommendations for the Lacombe Dog Friendly Park enhancements.
- If funding is required for any enhancements, Administration will return to Council to request funding.
Manager of Community Recreation
Recreation and Parks
City of St. Albert
Last edited: June 6, 2018