All St. Albert business licences expire December 31 and must be renewed for the following year if the business will continue operations. Renewal invoices are sent out the first week of December, with a payment deadline of January 31 of the following year.
Business licences can be renewed by doing one of the following:
- Business licences can be renewed online through MyCity (you will need a MyCity account) or through our online payment portal:
- You will need your account or licence number (found on the top right corner of your invoice or business licence);
- You will need a valid Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.
- Business licences can be renewed through your financial institution’s online banking service:
- In the online bill setup, add “City of St. Albert Business Licence” as the “payee”;
- Input the amount of your licensing fee and add your business license number or account number as the reference.
- Business licenses can be renewed by mailing in a cheque or depositing a cheque in the drop-box at the front of St. Albert Place:
- Cheques must be made out to “City of St. Albert” and should be mailed to: 5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9;
- Cheques must include the business licence number or account number as a reference.
- Business licences can be renewed with any type of payment in-person at the Customer Service Centre on the first floor of St. Albert Place (5 St. Anne Street):
- The hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
If payment of the renewal fee is not received by January 31, an additional $25.00 charge will be applied to the renewal fee (applicable to in-town/local licence accounts only).
Business Licence Certificates are mailed by request only. Once payment is received, you will be emailed a PDF copy of your Licence Certificate within two (2) business days (copies of all licence certificates can be accessed at any time in your MyCity account).
Please contact Business Licensing if you require a hard-copy of your licence to be mailed out, or if you need help with applying for or renewing your business licence.
Last edited: December 21, 2021