Helping protect employers and employees
Support from the Government of Alberta
Announced April 13, 2021: The Alberta Government is offereing small businesses affected by the most recent public health orders another payment of up to $10,000 from the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant (SMERG). This additional payment will also be available to new businesses that began operating between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, as well as hotels, taxis and ride-sharing services.
The SMERG offers financial assistance to Alberta businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations with fewer than 500 employees that have faced restrictions or closures due to COVID-related public health orders, and have experienced revenue losses of at least 30 per cent.
This updated Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant program replaces the previously announced Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit.
Applications for the additional payment will be opening in the second half of April.
Support from the Government of Canada
The Government of Canada is supporting Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Learn more about support programs for businesses here
Other Financial Resources
- Government of Canada: Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Government of Alberta: Emergency Financial Assistance
- BDC: Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the Coronavirus COVID-19
- Government of Canada: Employment Insurance sickness benefits
- Government of Canada: Work Sharing Program
Last edited: April 14, 2021