Helping protect employers and employees
From the Government of Canada
On March 13, the Government of Canada (GOC) announced a coordinated package of measures to support the functioning of markets, the resilience of our financial sector, and continued access to financing for Canadian businesses. On March 18, the GOC announced further measures to support businesses. A complete list of details is available at Supporting Businesses.
On March 27, the Government of Canada announced a wage subsidy hike for small businesses. Read the announcement.
Learn more about financial supports for Canadians:
Commercial Property Rent Relief
The Government of Canada has introduced the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) program to help small businesses.
The program will administer loans to commercial property owners so that they can lower or forgo rents for their small business tenants for April (retroactive), May (retroactive) and June 2020.
More details about the programs and how small businesses can benefit is available on the Canada Mortage and Housing Corporation website.
From the Government of Alberta
On March 18, the Government of Alberta announced measures to protect employers and employees from the economic disruption of COVID-19 and position Alberta for recovery.
Other Financial Resources
- Government of Canada: Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Government of Alberta: Emergency Financial Assistance
- BDC: Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the Coronavirus COVID-19
- Government of Canada: Employment Insurance sickness benefits
- Government of Canada: Work Sharing Program
- Facebook has announced that it will be offering a Small Business Grants Program to support small businesses.
Last edited: June 1, 2020