Securing Your Business
Keeping your business safe
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, scams are starting to circulate and the public needs to be aware.
For more information about scams affecting businesses and the top 10 frauds affecting Canadians, please visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
From the St. Albert RCMP
While businesses are closed, owners should practice the following:
- Keep storefront & sales area lights on
- Keep exterior lights on
- Turn off equipment (computers/photocopiers/kitchen appliances etc.)
- Store flammables and combustibles in a secure location
- Keep cash register open & empty
- Do not leave any cash on-premises
- Secure other valuables, if unable to take them out of the business
- Secure all equipment and stock
- Secure and lock all doors and windows
- Turn on security system & security surveillance equipment
The City encourages business owners to contact their insurance providers if they have further questions about their business being closed during this pandemic.
Last edited: May 13, 2020