about the project
The City of St. Albert is constructing a new park in Kingswood that will increase recreation opportunities for all neighbourhood residents.
Planning and design for Kingsmeade Park is complete and includes:
- Playground and open spaces for unstructured play
- Site amenities, including an outdoor boarded rink, multi-sport court area, social ice surface and an all-season social hub
- Walking trails with interactive play elements
- Landscaping, including tree and shrub planting
Kingsmeade Park is located within the Pineview II/Kingswood Area Structure Plan (ASP). This 2.3 hectare park is a portion of the identified Municipal Reserve required for the completion of the neighbourhood. The acquisition of the land was approved by Council in February 2020.
Please Note: Timelines are approximate and weather dependent. Timelines will be updated when new information becomes available.
- Construction will take place from June – October, 2021
- The park is expected to open by end of December, 2021
Check out the City’s interactive construction map that outlines the construction projects planned for this year!
Last edited: June 23, 2021