Riverside Park Construction
About The Project
Located on the west side of St. Albert, Riverside is nestled along the Sturgeon River Valley and minutes away from Big Lake and Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park. Riverside residents have access to acres of lush forest, extensive parklands and walking trails - all just outside their front doors.
The population is expected to see rapid growth and parks are being planned to build the community for now and the future. Riverside Park is the first park planned for construction in the Riverside neighbourhood.
Planning and design for Riverside Park is now complete and includes:
- Asphalt trail connections through the park and to existing pathways that will connect to the Riverside neighbourhood;
- Site amenities, including a sliding hill, soccer field and seating nodes;
- Landscaping, including tree and shrub planting.
In 2018, the City of St. Albert approved the Riverside Parks Master Plan, which aims to ensure quality and diverse parks and open spaces within the Riverside neighbourhood that will meet the needs of residents, and continue to provide quality of life for all. The Area Structure Plan was amended in March 2020, which altered some planned parks.
To view the planning and participation that took place involving this project, visit the Riverside Parks Planning page.
Please note: Timelines are approximate, weather dependent and will be updated when new information becomes available.
- Site grading (developer): Complete
- Asphalt trails and concrete amenity areas: July to September construction
- Landscaping: July to September construction
- Playground: September to October construction
- Final topsoil and seeding (developer): September to October construction
Check out the City’s interactive Construction Projects Map that outlines the construction projects planned for this year!
Last edited: July 7, 2021