Downtown Construction Impacts
The following construction projects are taking place in the downtown core of St. Albert from April to October 2022.
Impacts will include the following:
- Partial road closures and detours that may take place for vehicles and pedestrians on single sections of the roadways at a time.
- Necessary on-street parking restrictions within work zones.
- Potential for water being shut off during off-peak hours for the watermain line replacement which will be communicated at least 72 hours in advance to those businesses and residents who are impacted.
Although there will be partial road closures and detours that will limit on-street parking during construction, pedestrian access will be maintained as best possible to all businesses. Public parking is available across from St. Albert Place, as well as satellite parking locations.
Niche Developments at 32 St. Anne Street (third-party project)
- Site planning will be starting up again and the scope of work is to be determined.
- Timeline: Anticipated restart spring/summer 2022
TELUS PureFibre™ Network Project (third-party project)
- TELUS will be working to install its PureFibre™ network on St. Michaels, St Thomas, St. Anne Street and Perron Street.
- Timeline: June to August 2022
St. Anne Street Sanitary Sewer Replacement (City project)
- Work will include excavation, sanitary sewer replacement and the rehabilitation of the roadway.
- Timeline: Work is anticipated to begin in August 2022 with completion in October 2022, weather pending.
Birch Drive Watermain Line Replacement (City project)
- Work will include the replacement and reconnection of 100 metres of a watermain line from Birch Drive to St. Michael Street across St. Albert Trail.
- Timeline: Anticipated for September to November 2022
Check out the City’s interactive Construction Projects Map that outlines the construction projects planned for this year!
Launch the Map
Last edited: August 3, 2022