Trail Rehabilitation Program
About the Project
The City regularly monitors and evaluates asphalt trail conditions by inspection, through maintenance logs, and feedback received by residents. Each year, the City rehabilitates and restores specific trail locations using one of the following methods:
- removing and replacing the asphalt trail
- spreading a thin asphalt overlay on the existing asphalt trail, or
- applying a slurry seal on the existing asphalt trail.
Construction is prioritized based on:
- Safety standards
- Overall trail integrity
2022 Completed Neighbourhoods
Locations, by neighbourhood/landmark (measurements are approximate):
- Grandin Pond – 500 metres
- Levasseur (Sir Winston Churchill Ave to Heritage Lakes) – 495 metres
Trail rehabilitation and restoration for 2022 is complete.
Check out the City’s interactive Construction Projects Map that outlines the construction projects planned for this year!
Launch the Map
Last edited: March 29, 2023