Engineering Services – St Albert Heritage Sites Functional Plan Update
|Posted:||Thursday, November 22, 2018|
|Closing:||Wednesday, December 19, 2018 by 04:00:00 pm|
|Contact:||Meredith Willacy, Senior Project Manager
Capital Projects Office, City of St. Albert
|Web Link:||Read the Opportunity Notice ›|
The City of St. Albert is requesting proposals from qualified, licensed and professional consulting firms to provide engineering services for the St Albert Heritage Sites Functional Plan Update. This work is to update the existing plan with the work done to date and recommend new phasing to complete the development of the Heritage Sites.
The Heritage Site is located on portions of SW 4-54-24-4 and SE 5-54-25-4 north of the river. The site covers the southwest portion of the historical River Lots 23 and 24 and is bordered by CN tracks to the north, baseball diamonds to the east, Sturgeon River to the south and the Riverside development to the west. In 2010, a functional plan was created for the Heritage Sites located on Meadowview Lane. Since this time, multiple pieces of this plan have been completed including, site servicing, relocation of houses, and grading. Development to the west has impacted the potential closure of Meadowview Lane as well as the existing privately-owned land located in the middle of the City owned land on the site.
An update to the plan is needed to:
- review the 2010 functional study, evaluate the work completed as originally identified, update the plan based on re-orientation of some of the facilities and develop a revised schedule for construction of the future phases
- revise costs for future phases
- review options for screening of the development to the west
- devise options for security of the site and public access
- review overall directional signage, need for interpretive signage for the buildings and site and extensions to existing trail lighting and any new lighting of the site
- investigate site layout options that include the privately-owned land or excluding it
- investigate site layout options that incorporate the continuance of Meadowview Lane or the closure of it
- investigate site layout options that include the relocation of the Heritage Museum to the site (footprint only)
- investigate site layout options that include an interpreter center that can be incorporated with a potential museum relocation and the machine display shed and
- investigate integration of the future Red Willow Park West development along the Sturgeon River
The Heritage Sites includes seven (7) historic buildings, is anticipated to be a destination location for learning of the settlement of St Albert and integrates multiple stories of our rich history. This updated plan will provide the roadmap for the completion of this site. This plan will guide the overall planning and development for the site and serve as the basis for preliminary and detailed engineering for future phases.
The successful consultant will be responsible for the provision of project management services for the duration of the project.