Fowler Athletic Park Facility Assessment
|Posted:||Wednesday, March 13, 2019|
|Closing:||Friday, March 29, 2019 by 02:00:00 pm|
|Contact:||Justin VanDorp, Project Manager
Capital Projects Office, City of St. Albert
|Web Link:||Read the Opportunity Notice ›|
The City of St. Albert is requesting proposals from qualified, licensed and professional consulting firms to provide engineering services for the Fowler Athletic Park Facility Assessment.
Fowler Athletic Park was built approximately 40 years ago and contains a 400m track, a speed track, a throwing enclosure, 3 long jump pits, a high jump area, bleachers, an amenities building, and a storage shed. The existing chain link fencing and a wood timber retaining wall are also included.
Since the original developments, the facility has had a number of minor enhancements and refurbishments utilizing City funds and community investment through the Track Foundation. Facility needs and safety issues have been identified by stakeholders and City staff. In 2018, some repairs were done to the track surface to address safety issues and still allow the track to be sanctioned for events.
The scope of the project includes but not limited to:
• Provide a track condition assessment and rehabilitation plan, including speed track;
• Provide an assessment and structural engineering services for amenities building, storage shed, retaining wall, and bleachers;
• Provide an assessment and design improvements for site grading and site drainage, including topographic survey;
• Provide an assessment and design improvements for current site design issues to meet program requirements (throwing circles and jump pit placements, steeple jump, bleachers, site fencing, etc.);
• Provide an assessment and design for concrete pad for permanent location of portable toilets;
• Provide an assessment for feasibility and design irrigation system for infield track area;
• Provide a comprehensive itemized cost estimate for all recommended design improvements;
• Assist the City in consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful consultant will be responsible for the provision of project management services for the duration of the project.