National Intergenerational Day Celebration
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Start Time: 4:00 pm
End Time: 5:30 pm
21 Sir Winston Churchill Ave ↗
City of St. Albert
This is a free event.
The Connecting Generations Mentorship Program, along with members of the Youth Advisory Committee is hosting a National Intergenerational Day celebration on June 1, 2022.
Join us for:
- Refreshments and snacks
- Learn how to purl in our knitting circle led by youth
- Enjoy conversations with other generations over terracotta pot painting and seed planting
- Get involved with icebreakers/get-to-know-you activities
- Celebrate intergenerational connections and
- Learn more about our one-on-one companion and mentorship program.
Things to Know Before You Arrive
- We will meet at the sheltered picnic area in Lions Park.
- Join us anytime between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to participate in the activities.
- Supplies will be provided, but feel free to bring your own knitting poles if you’d like to use those.
To RSVP for this event, please email email@example.com
If the event needs to be rescheduled for weather, the backup date will be June 4th, 2022 (registrants will be contacted with details if this happens).
Other Connecting Generations Opportunities
The St. Albert Youth and Seniors Advisory Committees thought that a Companion and Mentorship program would be a fun way of connecting generations! We are pleased to announce that the Community Services Department will support a program to offer one-on-one mentorship and intergenerational group activities.
Learn more about the Connecting Generations Mentorship Program
Last edited: May 16, 2022