Call for Artists
Redefine Perfection. The Exhibit.
St. Albert Amplify Festival is ready to host our fourth annual art exhibit that highlights the work of emerging visual artists from St. Albert and area. This exhibit mixes a professional experience with an electric atmosphere to showcase the best young artists in the region.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2018
Eligibility: Submissions will be accepted from artists Grade 7 to 21 who live in St. Albert and surrounding area (Morinville, Sturgeon County, Edmonton, Parkland County etc.). The Amplify Youth Advisory Committee encourages all young artists to submit—please take this opportunity to show off your art!
We do need to mention that the committee reserves the right to decline submissions deemed inappropriate. Also if the number of submissions overwhelms the capacity of the exhibition space, the committee will then make selections based on artistic excellence and originality. However, Amplify is a celebration of young artists and we do promise to fit in as many pieces as we can!
Submission Materials: Submissions must be original; however, collaboration between multiple artists is permitted. 2D and 3D art, including, paintings, illustrations, photography and sculpture will be considered.
- Ensure that all 2D art (like a painting or photo) is ready to hang, with any hanging mechanisms securely in place
- Ensure that all 3D art (like a sculpture) is stable and secure - in other words, your sculpture won’t fall apart on us!
- No frames. We ask you use 3-inch mats to mount works done on paper or photographs. Mats may be ‘pinned’ during the installation of the exhibit which results in tiny holes in the mats.
- Please do not mat dry-mounted or foam core-backed work
- If submitting work on canvas board or illustration board, please ensure that it rests flat to the wall
- Please label all submitted materials with the title of the work, your name and your contact information
Limitations: In order to fit our walls, any 2D artwork entries must not exceed 36-inches wide by 48-inches tall, including mat. 3D work must be submitted with the dimensions to help the committee determine if the piece can be safely exhibited. All accepted artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition. Applications are limited to three entries per artist. If you’d like to submit multiple pieces, please fill out a new application form for each piece. We reserve the right to photograph works in the exhibition and use images of all included works for promotional purposes and in future publications.
Theme: We will be accepting artwork without restrictions when it comes to subject matter. If you are having trouble getting started, please consider working with the Amplify’s 2018 theme “Redefine Perfection.”
Exhibition dates: October 12 and 13, 2018
Drop-off date: October 11, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Kinsmen Banquet Centre located at 47 Riel Drive in St. Albert.
Pick up date: October 15 to October 19, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from the Community and Protective Services Office located in St. Albert Place.
Now Redefine Perfection and apply!
- Section Links
- Artist Application