VENUE OPERATIONS UPDATE
We’re excited to open our doors and welcome you back to The Arden Theatre. Our goal is to continue offering audiences the innovative and quality theatre experiences they are used to and ensure everyone coming through our doors feels safe and comfortable.
Our box office is operating with modified hours. Tickets for performances can be purchased online at ardentheatre.com, or in person at the Box Office one hour prior to show time. You may notice that our events are no longer listed on Ticketmaster. We are currently exploring different ticketing options and are currently using the City’s recreation software to sell tickets for our upcoming events.
Seating capacity is limited to 100 people and physical distancing restrictions are in place to align with provincial guidelines. For the most up-to-date information, visit stalbert.ca/covid19.
Please remember to:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and do not touch your face.
- Wear a face covering during your visit.
- Follow all mass gathering and physical distancing guidelines.
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow.
Please note that face coverings must be worn in all indoor public places within St. Albert. For more information, visit stalbert.ca/facecovers.
We have increased our sanitization procedures around the building to keep you safe and healthy, including:
- Disinfecting seats after every performance and audience with an electrostatic sprayer.
- All high-touch surfaces (door handles, Point-of-Sale machines, bathrooms, audio board, microphone stands) are disinfected before and after each performance and audience.
We also ask that you please refrain from wearing any strong scents or perfumes.
Entering the Theatre
Please use the main entrance to St. Albert Place when entering The Arden Theatre. Lobby doors will open one hour prior to showtime. Once you’ve entered the main doors, please follow:
- Signs and Markers.
- Directional arrows posted throughout the theatre.
- Our Front of House staff will greet you as you enter our lobby.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering.
- An usher will check you in and provide further direction before you enter the theatre using the ramp or the stairs.
Washrooms are available in St. Albert Place or in The Arden Theatre lobby for audience use. We recommend using the facilities prior to the performance to avoid the need to exit the theatre once you’ve been seated.
During the Show
Tickets are sold as general admission seating to accommodate physical distancing between patrons.
When you enter the theatre via the ramp or the stairs you will notice that every second row is blocked off. We ask that you move to a seat in your preferred row, stopping only at the last available seat before centre. Please leave three seats between you and the next cohort or patron.
Artists will remain on the stage at a minimum of four metres back from the front row, and in some cases, performers may be masked or may perform behind clear barriers.
Currently, vocalists can only sing for 30 minutes at a time, so during some events we may host:
- Question and answer periods.
- Showcase guest instrumentalists, or
- Surprise you with another treat for a short rest period, without introducing an intermission.
Some of our events will also be available online to an at- home audience, so at times artists may interact with those patrons.
Concession services may be offered and are contactless with credit or debit payment options. In the meantime, we encourage you to bring a bottle of water with you. You can temporarily remove your mask once seated to consume food or beverage.
We also won’t be offering intermissions for most events, to limit the times we cross each other's paths and are not able to host artist meet and greets and will not be selling artist merchandise in the lobby. We ask that you please refrain from mingling in the lobby after the show.
After the Performance
Once the performance is over, follow the direction of the ushers and exit the theatre through the doors closest to the side of the theatre you are sitting on, either the ramp or the stairs, and proceed directly to the lobby.
We would love to hear from you! We encourage you to keep in touch and let us know how your experience being back in our theatre is going. Please feel free to email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last edited: November 27, 2020