Submit your best photograph of St. Albert for the chance to be featured in an issue of our St. Albert LIVE newsletter!
All photo submissions will be reviewed by our curation team, and selected photos will be featured in our newsletter and on the City of St. Albert's social media channels!
The City of St. Albert also reserves the right to use ANY submission in public communications (print or online) with credit to the photographer, along with a link to your approved photography page (if applicable).
What type of photos are we looking for?
To be featured in St. Albert LIVE, photos should be of St. Albert and surrounding area. We will feature natural landscapes, cityscapes, close-up nature shots, architecture, animals and photos that capture the feeling of the Botanic Arts City.
Need help choosing photos?
Here are some helpful guidelines to give you a better idea of what we're looking for!
- For a standard landscape orientation photo, the file should be 5 megabytes and at least 2500 by 2000 pixels in size. Low quality or small images will not be used.
- Photos may be cropped.
- The photo(s) should not include personal watermarks.
- Submissions must be directly from the photographer.
- Include your name as you wish it to appear publicly, the date and location of where the image was taken and identification of subject matter when possible. Proper credit will be provided.
- Sharp and in focus. The objects should be clear and centered.
- No people in the frame.
- Minimal industrial elements in nature photos (e.g. no power lines, buildings or cars, unless it adds to the concept/composition somehow).
- We only accept original photos. We do not accept screenshots, in-game captures and composite art.
- Photos may be used for other purposes in City of. St. Albert publications.
Images should be at least 5 megapixels and at least 2500 by 2000 pixels in size.
- We don’t accept unclear photos, selfies or photos that would be considered inappropriate for an all ages viewing audience.
- Photos should not have borders, graphics, text or watermarks overlaid on them.
- There is no monetary compensation for any photos that are published in the newsletter or online.
Have questions about the Guidelines?
If you have any questions about the guidelines, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Albert LIVE Photo Submission Form
Fields with an * are required.
Please note the following: 1) This personal information is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A., 2000 and will be used to process your inquiry. It will be treated in accordance with the privacy protection provisions of Part 2 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection, contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-459-1500. 2) The City does not respond to anonymous enquiries/submissions, malicious submissions, or submissions containing inappropriate or profane language; those received will be discarded by staff.
Last edited: March 29, 2023