Celebrate Canada 150! Create an original song and compete for a chance to perform it at St. Albert’s Canada 150 events! Your song must highlight life in St. Albert and the significance of Canada 150.
How to Enter:
- Fill out and submit the online form at the bottom of this page by 5 p.m. on May 11, 2017.
- Once the City receives your submission, you will be sent authorization forms to complete. Forms must be completed and sent back to the City before 5 p.m. on May 11, 2017 to be recognized as entered.
- Five finalists will be chosen and asked to perform at the finale on June 3 during the International Children’s Festival of the Arts. A winner will be chosen during this event.
Read the Canada 150 Songwriting Contest Rules and Regulations for further information.
- $5,000 Professional Theme Song Recording Package with PlanIt Sound
- $1,000 cash from The Survey Company
- Opportunity to perform your original song at St. Albert’s Canada 150 events
Song will be judged on:
- Performance – does the artist showcase their talent in a captivating and dynamic way that connects with the audience?
- Singing Ability
- Content – how well does the story and lyrical content connect with life in St. Albert and the significance of Canada 150?
- Visual – does the video make you ‘feel’ something? (High quality production quality is not necessary. This can be a performance video in your living room.)
Contest is open to all St. Albert residents, any age. Contest is FREE. Song must be no longer than two minutes maximum. Contest starts March 1. Submissions must be received by 5 p.m. on May 11, 2017. Five finalists will be chosen and asked to perform at the finale on June 3, during the International Children’s Festival of the Arts.
All entries received will be used as part of Canada’s 150 Stories, which is a collection of stories from residents sharing their cherished memories and stories of St. Albert, as well as their hopes, dreams and wishes for St. Albert and Canada for the next 150 years.
For More Information:
Canada 150 Coordinator
Funded by │Financé par:
Last edited: February 14, 2017