Decorate Your Bike with Cranky's
With the beautiful weather comes more opportunities to get outside on your bike and enjoy the gorgeous trail systems in our region. Cranky’s Bike Shop in St. Albert, long-time supporters of our festival, are here for Day 34 to show you how you can deck out your bike to ride in style.
Today, they are sharing three fun ways you can decorate your bike using bits and bobs from around your home!
Create streamers from old gift bows!
- Gift bows
- Zip ties
- Position the gift bow around the end of your grip.
- Tighten the zip tie.
- Cut the excess zip tie off.
Decorate your basket with flowers!
- Artificial flowers
- Zip ties
Instructions - Metal basket style
- Weave the string of flowers around the basket to your choosing.
- Use zip ties to hold the string of flowers in place.
- Cut the excess plastic in the zip ties.
Instructions - Wicker basket style
- Find small holes between the woven wicker in the basket.
- Place the stem of the flower inside the woven spaces.
Decorate your spokes!
- Pipe cleaners
- Twist pipe cleaners around the spokes of your bike.
- Cut small pieces of ribbon and tie double knots around the spokes.
The City of St. Albert has worked with content developers to provide creative prompts that align with provincial public health measures, and guidance to protect the health system and the community by slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Don’t forget to take a picture of your decorated bike and share it with us online! Use the hashtag #40DaysofPLAY to be entered to win a prize from one of our Festival partners.
Cranky’s mission is simple: helping riders get the most of their cycling experience. Whether you are getting ready to hit the trails, get fitted for a new road bike, or get a run bike for your little one, we’ve got you covered.
Please follow all provincial public health measures when participating in 40 Days of Play activities.
Last edited: May 31, 2021