Published on July 8, 2021
5 Must-Try Brunch Spots
After a long work week, it’s nice to unwind and take pleasure in the good things in life - like delicious food – and St. Albert has some of the best restaurants around. Check out our full listing of Dine St. Albert local restaurant options as well.
This weekend why not head to St. Albert for brunch? You can also enjoy meals at home or dine alfresco in restaurants with patio dining. Many restaurants are offering take-out and delivery service. Visit their websites for each restaurant’s hours and offerings.
Here are just five of the many local brunch spots to check out around town:
- Socrates: A Sunday brunch staple since 2004. It is the perfect spot for a family friendly brunch date with a large bright dining room where you can pull two tables together. This locally owned restaurant serves up farm fresh eggs and local ingredients with generous portions that won’t leave you hungry. Their signature Socrates breakfast serves 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and your choice of pancake, French toast or a Belgian waffle.
- Confections Cake Co: This cosy little gem is located downtown in the Perron District. The shop features a gallery style interior displaying colourful paintings from local artists. Owners Britt and Jarrett are known for their award-winning custom cakes, but they also offer spectacular dessert-inspired breakfast. The must have menu item is the red velvet waffles. Your sweet tooth will thank you.
- Glass House Kitchen & Bar: Delicious sums it up. Located in the Enjoy Centre, this restaurant has floor to ceiling windows overlooking Lois Hole Provincial Park and an outdoor patio to make the most of the views. This restaurant is elevated in setting, décor and cuisine. For Sunday brunch or breakfast, sip a mimosa cocktail and try the decadent French toast with blueberry sauce, fresh fruit, Pinocchio ice cream and maple syrup.
- Toast Breakfast & Lunch: Eggs Benny lovers rejoice! Locals and reviews online will attest that Toast BL is known for its amazing dill hollandaise sauce and sizeable crispy hashbrowns. Also on the menu are several healthy breakfast options like avocado toast. Located in the Inglewood Towne Centre, Toast offers precisely what the name promises, a delicious breakfast, lunch or brunch in a comfortable family setting.
- Central Social Hall: This is your stop for every day, all-day Brunch. Located right on St. Albert Trail, this laid-back restaurant and bar has all the sophisticated finishing touches and has an outdoor patio. Invite your friends down to celebrate the weekend. You can sit on the patio in the sunshine and enjoy tableside mimosas. Then order from the extensive menu with dishes like bacon, mushroom & avocado omelette, and brown butter waffles with stewed bourbon apples.
St. Albert businesses and their staff may continue to ask customers to keep each other safe through enhanced hand hygiene practices, face covers and physical distancing. We ask that visitors please respect any measures in place at each establishment.
Last edited: July 16, 2021