“It is easy to see why St. Albert Children’s Theatre (SACT) has such a great reputation. Merging the spirit and energy of young actors with the passion, experience and creative vision of their directors we were looking forward to their interpretation of our show, A Christmas Story. We were dazzled by their professionalism. It is very rare to see a cast completely compiled of youth perform for a mainly adult audience. Their talent and professionalism is astounding. We are obsessed with SACT!”
-Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, Tony Award nominated songwriters for A Christmas Story
“Full-bodied Broadway musicals; hip alternative fare...St. Albert Children’s Theatre tackles them all, in productions that make no concessions. It’s startling, and inspiring, to see the way young talent rises to the occasion. Definitely not child’s play.”
-Liz Nichols, Edmonton Journal
"St. Albert Children’s Theatre cast really delivers the goods...their youthful energy strikes a spark and makes us smile...it’s pure theatre, the kind with a lot of heart that rouses audience to a standing ovation."
-Anna Borowiecki, St. Albert Gazette
St. Albert Children’s Theatre Facts
- Initially a summer drama program, St. Albert Children’s Theatre (SACT) was established in 1981.
- SACT has presented over 75 productions.
- More than 300 children participate in St. Albert Children’s Theatre projects each year.
- Since 1981, more than 4,000 children have participated in SACT productions.
- SACT participated in the IAVE World Volunteer Conference in 1997, which was held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- SACT has toured nationally and has produced a professional CD compilation.
- SACT is supported by the Alberta Foundation for the Arts, a Government of Alberta Foundation, and other private foundations.
- SACT is known as a unique Canadian program and regularly receives provincial and national coverage.