Friends of SACT
The mandate of the Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre Society is to support theatre arts for youth and to encourage youth’s contribution to community leadership. The Friends Society has an elected Board of Directors and an Executive Committee comprised of community members and business leaders who have a strong commitment to provide exposure to theatre and leadership skills for children. The Friends Society holds an Annual General Meeting each September.
The Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre Society ensures all children receive the opportunity to become involved in SACT. The Friends Society supports children from economically disadvantaged homes through a scholarship program and ensures SACT’s programs are accessible to children with special needs.
For more information about the Friends Society please contact Janice Flower:
Email: Janice Flower
Donate online using Canadahelps.org
The Emma Bailey Scholarship
Emma Bailey was a graduate of Sturgeon Composite High School (2001), Queen’s University (2005), and was awarded her Master’s degree from Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England (2006).
She was involved with St. Albert Children’s Theatre for a number of years (1996-2000) and one of her last shows with SACT was Cinderella. She was precious and beautiful, an extremely talented actress, and a wonderful and generous person. She had a wild enthusiasm for life. She was tragically killed in a car accident in the U.K. in 2007.
Emma’s parents, Dr. Robert J. and Janet Bailey, set up the scholarship through the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation with the intention to honor Emma’s memory and the time she spent with us.
- Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria (outlined on Application Form) will be considered for the award and the scholarship will be awarded in adherence with an established points system governed by Scholarship Committee of the Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre (SACT).
- Application may be submitted at any time during enrollment in an eligible post-secondary, undergraduate Program; however, must have been enrolled in the Program after September 1, 2013.
- Applicants may apply more than once, but may only win the award once.
- Application must be received by October 31st of each year and scholarship to be awarded by December 31st of that year.
- The Scholarship is governed by the Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre Board. The Board has the right to consider extenuating circumstances that do not fall within these parameters on a ‘without prejudice’ basis.
- Up to two $500 scholarships are awarded each year.
Last edited: October 25, 2017