Emma Bailey Scholarship
Emma Bailey was a graduate of Sturgeon Composite High School (2001), Queen’s University (2005), and was awarded her Master’s degree from the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England (2006).
She was involved with St. Albert Children’s Theatre for several years (1996-2000) and one of her last shows with SACT was Cinderella. She was precious and beautiful, an extremely talented actress, and a wonderful and generous person. She had a wild enthusiasm for life. She was tragically killed in a car accident in the U.K. in 2007.
Emma’s parents, Dr. Robert J. and Janet Bailey set up the scholarship through the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation with the intention to honour Emma’s memory and the time she spent with us.
- Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria (outlined on Application Form) will be considered for the award, and the scholarship will be awarded in adherence with an established points system governed by the Scholarship Committee of the Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre (SACT).
- An application may be submitted at any time during enrollment in an eligible post-secondary undergraduate Program; however, the candidate must have been enrolled in the Program after September 1, 2013.
- Applicants may apply more than once, but may only win the award once.
- An application must be received by October 31st of each year and scholarship to be awarded by December 31st of that year.
- The Scholarship is governed by the Friends of St. Albert Children’s Theatre Board. The Board has the right to consider extenuating circumstances that do not fall within these parameters on a ‘without prejudice’ basis.
- Up to two $500 scholarships are awarded each year.
Apply for the Scholarship
Last edited: January 21, 2020