Jensen Lakes is located west of St. Albert Trail and north of Villeneuve Road. This area is known for beautiful scenery, luxurious living, and for being the only beach neighbourhood in St. Albert. Much of Jensen Lake real estate is centred around year-round recreational activities. Beautiful beaches, walking trails, parks, ponds, a private sandy beach, and a clubhouse are what residents can look forward to when purchasing a home in Jensen Lakes.
Options for every price range and home-style exist in Jensen Lakes, including estate homes, single-family, townhomes, and duplexes. As a luxury community, single-family homes are in the $500,000s. Residents have access to nearby commercial services.
Development continues in this new neighbourhood. As the residential areas and lake are completed, residents can expect docks at the beach club, private docks for each of the lake lots, and semi-private docks at private walkway access points. A swimming area and dock will be located just off the main sandy beach area. The lake may be stocked with fish for both summer and winter recreational fishing.
As of 2018, Jensen Lakes had 225 residents with a median age of 29. St. Albert Transit (StAT) does not currently service Jensen Lakes.
About Jensen Lakes
Development began: 2010s
Type of homes: Estate, single-family, townhomes, duplexes
Parks in the area: Joyal Park
Schools in the Area
- Elementary: École Father Jan (French Immersion), Joseph M Demko, Muriel Martin, Sister Alphonse Academy
- Junior High: École Secondaire Sainte Marguerite d’Youville (French Immersion), Joseph M. Demko, Sister Alphonse Academy
- High School: École Secondaire St. Albert Catholic High School (English and French Immersion), Paul Kane (for French immersion only), St. Albert Public Outreach High School, St. Gabriel Education Centre (Outreach)
- Sandy beach
- Tree-lined boardwalk, and 5 km of landscaped pathways
- 40 acres of parks and open space, and year-round recreational activities
- New community with a young population
Beautiful sandy beaches are not what one thinks of when considering where to move in St. Albert, but thanks to Jensen Lakes, a local beach is now a reality.
Development started in 2014. Once the lake is complete, it will contain 6,000 tonnes of sand and 400,000 cubic metres of water and rocks that are being brought in from Moyie and the Kootenays in British Columbia.
Jensen Lakes is a modern development focusing on green space, parks, and sustainably built luxury homes.
Last edited: August 3, 2023