For Your Kids
Enjoy quality time with your family in St. Albert.
Bike ride through more than 90 km of trails lining the Sturgeon River. Chat with your neighbours as your kids play street hockey in your cul-de-sac. Cheer them on as they participate in soccer, hockey, BMX, rugby, gymnastics, dance or any of the other award-winning teams in St. Albert. Laugh until your stomach hurts at a show or festival.
Your kids will love it here!
Art and Theatre
- Enroll your child in painting, sculpting or cartooning classes through St. Albert Visual Arts
- If your child prefers performing, St. Albert Performing Arts offers programs for acting, musical theatre, breakdancing, and improv.
- Bring the kids and catch a performance of St. Albert Children’s Theatre, a nationally renowned theatre program.
- At Servus Credit Union Place you can play soccer, basketball, volleyball, badminton or floor hockey. Younger children will love playing at the indoor playground with state-of-art equipment.
- As soon as the snow melts, and until it comes again, the local Skateboard Park is alive with kids doing tricks on their skateboards or inline skates.
- Discover and take advantage of the 76 well-equipped city or school playgrounds across St. Albert.
- Head to the Riel Recreation Park for soccer and rugby fields, and even the occasional rodeo!
- Join the BMX Racing Club and see what the action is all about.
- Kids can have a "sweeping" good time while learning to curl with the St. Albert Curling Club.
- International Children’s Festival - an annual 5 day festival for children and families filled with wonder, laughter, and play.
- City Festivals and Activities - Every month St. Albert has a festival or family event going on such as the Fathers’ Day Soapbox Derby, Canada Day Celebrations or Fire & Ice Festival in February.
- The St. Albert Public library has over 180,000 books and AV materials. They offer fun and educational programs for toddlers to teens.
- The Art Gallery of St. Albert offers ARTventures, a drop-in program for children 6-12 years old, Preschool Picasso for toddlers and other fun programs.
- Step back in time and take a tour of centuries-old historic sites… The Little White School House, Grain Elevator Park, Chevigny House or River lots 23 and 24.
Year-Round Water Fun
- Fountain Park Recreation Centre hosts swimming lessons and family fun swims.
- Grosvenor Outdoor Pool or the Woodlands Water Play Park are perfect ways for families to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Servus Credit Union Place is home to the Landrex Water Play Centre complete with a lazy river and 160 ft of water slides.
Last edited: January 25, 2020