St. Albert's Building Inspection Services branch has provided Safety Code services to St. Albert citizens for the past 30 years, under the direction of provincial government legislation. This service helps to ensure that all residential, commercial, industrial and institutional properties are constructed to meet or exceed the Alberta Building Code and related regulations, resulting in high-quality housing and safe buildings.
City employees certified as Safety Codes Officers under the provincial Safety Codes Act are charged with their responsibilities as the designated Authority Having Jurisdiction within the municipality.
Permit fees for inspection services are similar to those charged by other municipalities and private industry within the region. Timely service and consistent enforcement, along with an accommodating attitude, serve to meet the building industry needs.
Applications & Forms
- Building Permit Application (New Construction, Improvement, Change of Use, Occupancy or Demolition)
- Building / Development Permit Application (Single-Family Residential)
- Electrical Permit Application
- HVAC Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Permit Inspection Request
- Sewer and Water Site Service Application
- Fire Safety Plan Information
- Fire Safety Plan Guidelines
- Fire Safety Plan Template
- Owner's Declaration Form
Information on Applying for Building, Plumbing, Gas, HVAC & Electrical Permits
- Basement Development
- Factory-Built Fireplaces, Inserts, Stoves and Space Heaters
- Garages and Carports
For more information please contact:
Building Inspection Services
Second Floor, 5 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9
Last edited: September 5, 2018