Blue Recycling Bag
The City of St. Albert provides the Blue Recycling Bag program to all households and a small number of multi-family homes and condo complexes. Residents can place an unlimited number of Blue Recycling Bags out for collection on their household's waste collection day.
Frequency of Collection
Blue Recycling Bags are collected every week throughout the year on your household's designated waste collection day.
Please refer to the Collection Schedule for specific details.
Tips for Collection
- No sorting required. Items in the Blue Recycling Bag can be mixed.
- Corrugated cardboard can be flattened and placed underneath the Blue Recycling Bag. Please keep the cardboard dimensions to a maximum of 3 ft by 3 ft.
- There is no limit to the number of Blue Recycling Bags a household can set out.
- Blue Recycling Bags must not exceed 15 kgs (33 lbs) per bag.
- Please remember to place the bags out by 7:00 a.m. on your household's waste collection day.
What Goes in the Blue Recycling Bag?
|Boxboard||Ceramic dishes, glasses and plates|
|Clear glass jars and containers||Electronics|
|Corrugated cardboard||Hazardous materials|
|Deposit beverage bottles and containers||Non-packaging plastic such as a laundry basket, lawn chair, toys, etc.|
|Food cans and tins||Plastic bags, wrap or wrappers|
|Milk cartons and ice cream containers||Scrap metal|
|Paper products such as newspapers, flyers, magazines and phone books||Styrofoam packaging, food containers and trays|
|Plastic bottles, containers, lids and trays from food and household packaging||Wood|
Last edited: January 4, 2018