Large Item Drop-Off
Need to get rid of that old couch or washer? Do you have items too large for your Brown Garbage Cart?
The "Large Item Drop-Off" event is for residents to dispose of oversized garbage including furniture and some appliances.
Dates for 2019:
- Summer Large Item Drop-Off - Saturday, July 27 - Completed
- Fall Large Item Drop-Off - Saturday, September 14
Time: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Public Works Parking Lot - 7 Chevigny Street
Each item requires two (2) "extra garbage" tags which must be purchased prior to the event
- Furniture: Couches, sofas, dressers, bed frames, lawn furniture, chairs, and other household furniture items too large for your Brown Garbage Cart
- Appliances: Washers, dryers, ovens, stoves, microwaves and other large household appliances
(Note: Fridges, freezers, water coolers or anything containing freon/coolant will NOT be accepted)
- Other Items: Too large for the Brown Garbage Cart, such as mattresses, box springs, bike frames, large toys and shelving
Examples of unacceptable items:
All of the following items will be turned away on site:
- Commercial waste or non-residential waste
(Staff may check for ID)
- Construction and renovation waste (e.g. lumber, drywall, building materials, etc.)
- Tires, automotive parts, barbeques
- Fridges, freezers, water coolers or anything containing freon/coolant
- Fuel containers or pressurized canisters (e.g. propane or oxygen tanks)
- Lawn mowers, trimmer, any gas powered tool
- Hazardous waste (e.g. paints, oils, cleaners) or electronics. These items can be dropped off at the Mike Mitchell Recycling Depot during regular hours of operation
- Biomedical waste
where can I get extra garbage tags?
"Extra garbage" tags can be purchased at City Hall, Fountain Park Pool or Servus Place. Please note there will be no cashiers on site and that tags will not be sold at the event. More information on "extra garbage" tags can be found under Brown Garbage Cart.
what can i do with extra bags of garbage?
Standard bags of residential garbage can be dropped off at the Recycling Depot at any time during or after this event at a cost of one (1) "extra garbage" tag per bag.
For more information about the event, please contact the following:
Last edited: July 29, 2019