Curbside Christmas Tree Pick-Up
Each year, the City of St. Albert picks up Christmas trees from the curbside in January. Residents can place their natural Christmas trees at the curb on their Brown Garbage Cart collection day.
Dates for 2018:
- January 8 to 12 for Zone B households on your Brown Garbage Cart collection day
- January 15 to 19 for Zone A households on your Brown Garbage Cart collection day
- Please ensure trees are placed on the curb, clear of your carts and bags. A minimum of one (1) metre (three feet) away from any obstacles, in order to ensure safe collection
- Please remove any plastic wrap or decorations before disposal
- This program is only available to households who receive waste collection services from the City
Christmas trees collected through the City's program will be chipped and composted.
WILDNorth (Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre) is accepting donations of natural Christmas trees to enrich their wildlife enclosures. More information, including guidelines and drop-off location can be found here.
For more information about the program, please contact the following:
Last edited: January 8, 2018