Skip to content ›
City of St.Albert

Keeping Your Remote Reader Accessible

How do we get a reading from a water meter located in your house?

The City collects readings through a remote water usage reader that's installed on the outside of almost every residence in St. Albert. Once every two months a City employee will come to your house, locate this remote reader, and obtain the usage statistics required for billing purposes. It is important that you do not block this reader,  as residents are required to maintain access to this external reader at all times.

What does this remote reader look like?

There are three types of readers that the City uses, one of which you should find on the exterior of your home near eye-level:

Pro Reader ARB Reader Remote Reader

Keeping your reader accessible

Please keep your remote reader free from obstructions. Thank you.

Easy to Access Problematic

Last edited: November 15, 2016

Return to the top ↑