Our Utilities & Environment Department provides the following water-related services to the community:
Water quality assurance and testing:
- 100 monthly bacteriological samples collected and tested throughout the city.
- Continuous chlorine residual monitoring at all reservoir locations.
- Physical and chemical parameter sampling; over 230 tests performed annually.
- Overall nearly 3000 water quality tests are completed annually.
Hydrant maintenance and pressure testing
- 100% of fire hydrants are pressure tested every year.
Water main flushing
- Unidirectional mainline flushing program.
- Water Turbidity Testing.
Water pump station operation and maintenance
- Three water stations with a combined capacity of over 46 million litres.
- Water valve operation and maintenance
- Water infrastructure locates and repairs
- Water meter installations, replacements and repairs
- Emergency repairs, turn on/offs
Water Demand Management
In the event of prolonged dry weather and high water consumption volumes, the City may implement the Water Demand Management process in order to conserve reservoir storage for fire protection. There are three steps to this program and each step involves different practices that reduce non-essential water use. Public notification of each step is provided through a range of public media options including odd/even water notifications, roadside signage, and media released through radio and newspaper.
After Hours Water and Wastewater Emergency Contact: 780-458-2020
Last edited: May 9, 2018