Waste Collection Schedules
Please see the following schedule for specific dates for your household. Remember to check if your household is set to the Zone A or Zone B schedule.
Be Waste Wise Tool
Frequency of Collection
- Brown Garbage Carts are collected every two weeks
- Green Organics Carts are collected every week from April to the end of October and every two weeks from November to the end of March
- Blue Recycling Bags are collected every week
Tips for Collection
- Please remember to space your carts and bags out by at least one (1) metre (three feet). Generally, an arm's length is a good distance marker. Staff need at least one (1) metre (three feet) to safely collect your waste
- For the safety of our staff and equipment, please ensure the cart weighs no more than 200 lbs (90 kg). Carts are not for renovations or landscaping projects. Carts may be tagged and rejected if the materials are too heavy. If large quantities of waste disposal is required, please visit a City of Edmonton Waste Facility.
- Please have carts and bags out by 7:00 a.m. on your waste collection day
- Please do not overfill carts or place additional waste on the lid
- Please do not park vehicles close to the carts
- If you live on a cul-de-sac, please consider parking off the street on waste collection days
Last edited: June 1, 2022