Large Item Drop Off
Large Item Drop-off is now complete for 2021.
Extra Garbage Bag Tags
Each item requires two (2) "extra garbage" bag tags which must be purchased and attached to the item before the event.
WHERE CAN I GET EXTRA GARBAGE TAGS?
"Extra garbage" tags can be purchased at City Hall, Fountain Park Pool or Servus Place. Please note there will be no cashiers on-site and that tags will not be sold at the event. More information on "extra garbage" tags can be found under Brown Garbage Cart.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH EXTRA BAGS OF GARBAGE?
Standard bags of residential garbage can be dropped off at the Recycling Depot at any time during or after this event at the cost of one (1) "extra garbage" tag per bag.
- Mattresses and box springs
- Couches, sofas, lawn furniture
- Dressers, bed frames
- Any other furniture too large for your Brown Garbage Cart
- Washers and dryers
- Dishwashers, ovens, stoves, microwaves
- Hot water tanks
Note: Any appliances containing freon or coolant (Fridges, freezers, water coolers) are not accepted and must go to a City of Edmonton Facility
Any items that are too large for your Brown Garbage Cart, such as bike frames, large toys, carpet, pianos, and shelving are accepted, as long as they are not listed under "Unacceptable Items" below.
- Electronics can be disposed of free of charge at the Mike Mitchell Recycling Depot
- This includes gas powered tools such as lawn mowers and trimmers
- Household hazardous waste (paint, oil, cleaners) go to the Mike Mitchell Recycling Depot
Freon or Coolant
Appliances containing freon or coolant must go to a City of Edmonton Facility
- Propane and oxygen tanks go to a City of Edmonton Facility
- Barbecues can be disposed of at the Mike Mitchell Recycling Depot as scrap metal, once the fuel has been removed
General Unacceptable items
Last edited: September 20, 2021