Curbside Leaf Pick Up
Are you cleaning up your yard? The City of St. Albert will pick up bagged leaves from your curbside and turn it into compost!
Dates for 2021:
September 27 to October 8
October 25 to November 5
Please note there is a two week no collection period between October 9 and 24 where residents can tidy up their yards for the next round of collection.
- Leaves must be in paper bags or reusable garbage cans or bins (maximum size of 80 L or 21 gallons) on your waste collection day. Paper yard waste bags can be purchased at local grocery and hardware stores
- Bags and containers must not exceed 25 kgs (50 lbs) to ensure the safety of staff
- Leaves in plastic bags will not be collected
- Certified compostable bags will not be collected. Although acceptable in the Green Organics Cart, due to the weight of leaves, these bags may split making it difficult for residents and staff
- Place leaves out at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your waste collection day, and ensure bags and containers are clear of any debris or snow. To see your household's collection day, please view the Collection Schedule page
- Please note that leaves are collected by a different truck, not the Green Organics Cart truck
- This service is only offered to those residents who currently receive Green Organics Cart collections from the City of St. Albert
Did you know?
Last edited: February 17, 2021