Building Safe & Caring Neighbourhoods
Block parties are a fun way to get to know your neighbour! Getting together with neighbours for a warm evening of fun and food is an enjoyable way to meet and renew connections among the people in your area. Neighbours who know each other, look out for one another. This active participation in the community is a critical element in developing a caring and safe community.
The City of St. Albert along with the Neighbourhood Watch Association of St. Albert and the St. Albert Citizens Patrol Society have lots of resources to help make your party a success.
Recreation equipment is available to borrow from the City. There are 10 recreation grab-bags available. These include a variety of games and equipment for use at your party.
- The grab-bags are available on a first come first serve basis. View the 10 Recreation Grab Bags available
Neighbourhood Watch and Citizen’s Patrol will provide free hamburgers, hot dogs and buns for St. Albert Block Parties in an effort to promote safety in our community.
- In return, block party organizers are asked to deliver crime prevention flyers to every home on their street prior to the party
If you plan to host your party on the street, you will need permission from the City. In order to receive this a “Permission to Block the Street” form must be completed and returned to the Community & Social Development (CSD) office at least 10 days prior to your party.
- Once your request is approved you will be able to access official barricades to block the street during your party
- Download the Permission to Block a Street Form
- The form can be faxed to 780-458-1260, dropped off in person or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for cultural or creative activities for your party, here are a few ideas:
Register your Block Party:
- Complete the online registraton form: Register Your Party
- Print the registration form and return it to CSD: Registration Form
- Call CSD to register your block party: 780-459-1756
Need Some help with your party?
- Block Party Guide
- Block Party Sign-In
- Permission to Block a Street Form
- Six Easy Steps to Block Party Success
Stay connected with your neighbours during the colder months, try a Winter Block Party!