Spring/Summer Activity Guide
Shake off the last of the snow and take in all that St. Albert has to offer with a variety of fitness programs and amazing parks and trails throughout the city.
Whatever you need, in any moment, the City of St. Albert has a variety of activities.
Parks & Trails
Over 100 Parks
There truly is no better place to slow down and rejuvenate your spirit than in one of our captivating parks! St. Albert has over 100 park locations you can explore with the family that feature accessible options and amenities, so everyone can enjoy spending time in them.
Simple ideas for getting active in our parks:
- Walking and running
- Biking and rollerblading
- Disc golf
- Wildlife watching
- And so much more!
St. Albert is excited to invite visitors to new parks and playgrounds in the neighbourhoods of Riverside, Kingsmeade, and Versailles!
There are so many fun, new features that the whole family will enjoy exploring.
No matter where you live in St. Albert, you'll be able to find an off-leash area nearby where your fur-legged familly member can run and play! We are proud to offer two designated dog parks, and many other off-leash sites and boarded rinks.
You'll be in awe at the vastness of our trail system and left inspired by the beautiful adventure it will take you on. One popular route begins at the Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park and travels along the Sturgeon River to Kingswood Park. Along the way you'll pass scenic areas like Big Lake, Lions Park, St. Albert Botanic Park and many others!
Fun Fact: St. Albert has over 65,000 trees and has received the distinguished honour of being one of the Tree Cities of the World!
St. Albert has an abundance of playgrounds where families and children can play and enjoy unstructured fun!
Explore the newly built and modern skatepark located behind the Woodlands Water Play Park (165 Sturgeon Rd.). The facility has over 14,000 sq ft of better-utilized park space that allows for safer flow lines and creates opportunities for multi-users of all skill levels and abilities!
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
Practice your tennis or pickleball skills while soaking up sunshine and fresh air in one of our courts! The City is proud to offer 18 tennis courts and 18 pickleball courts. This past summer, the courts at Larose Park were refurbished to make an even better playing experience for users.
Inside Our Facilities
Spring 2022 and Summer Camp Programs
Registration is now open with the following session start dates:
- Fitness spring programs start April 4 with a second session starting May 16
- Recreation spring programs start April 9 and summer camps will start July 4
- Aquatics spring programs start April 4
- Due to the Fountain Park Recreation Centre closure scheduled from May to September, spring aquatics programs will take place at Fountain Park Recreation Centre (5-week session) and Servus Credit Union Place (10-week session)
- Missed a start date? Many fitness and recreation programs accept late registrations with a pro-rated fee!
Summer Programs will be available to view online on May 4
- Early registration for St. Albert residents (aquatics only) and Servus Place annual members opens on May 11
- Public registration opens on May 18
- Programs will run in July and August 2022
- Due to the Fountain Park Recreation Centre extended closure from May 16 to mid- to late-September, all summer 2022 aquatics programs will take place in the Landrex Water Play Centre at Servus Place, or at Grosvenor Outdoor Pool.
Drop-In Classes and Activities
Work out when you want and elevate your health through our large selection of weekly drop-in classes! Whether swimming, spinning, lifting, skating or playing, we have countless opportunities to keep you smiling and thriving! Explore our drop-in classes below and book your session today:
- Book a drop-in fitness class
- Book drop-in lane swimming
- Book a drop-in recreation activity or ice time
Stay active, healthy and connected to your favourite fitness instructors from the comfort of your own home.
Servus Credit Union Place:
- Personal training, one-on-one and group dryland conditioning
- Tailor Made Insurance Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Christenson Developments Track & Training Centre
- And more!
Servus Place now offers PLAYcare (Physical Literacy And You), which is a child-minding service that allows you to drop your little one off for two hours of fun while you enjoy your time. This is a registered childcare program that focuses on age- and stage-appropriate FUNdamental movement skills outlined by Canadian Sport for Life for one to eight-year-olds.
Fountain Park Recreation Centre:
- Public swimming
- Lane swimming
- Aquafit classes
- Swim club bookings
Learn more about Fountain Park
Last edited: April 20, 2022