Spring/Summer Activity Guide
Nurture your body, mind and spirit this spring with energizing fitness programs and inspiring nature experiences!
Spring and summer months are a chance to get outside and try a new activity or challenge your physical fitness. Whatever you need, in any moment, the City of St. Albert has a variety of activities.
- Beach Volleyball
- BLESS Platform (located in Rotary Park, 2 Rodeo Dr)
- Boat launch at Rotary Park
- Larry Olexiuk Field
- Grosvenor Outdoor Pool (opens June 14)
- Parks (112 outdoor parks in the City!)
- Picnic shelters – spontaneous use only which includes Lions Park
- Sport Courts – Tennis and Pickleball
- Woodlands Skatepark
- Woodlands Water Play Park presented by RE/MAX
- Washroom access only at Pavilions at Kingswood Park, Lacombe Lake Park and Lions Park (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Portable toilets at Alpine and Rotary Parks (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
There truly is no better place to slow down and rejuvenate your spirit than in one of our captivating parks. St. Albert has over 100 parks you can explore with the family that feature accessible options and amenities, so everyone can enjoy spending time in them.
Activity ideas include:
- Walking and running
- Biking and rollerblading
- Wildlife watching
- And so much more!
coal mine park - new city park
Visitors will appreciate an immersive nature experience in our newest City park in Erin Ridge North. This park is designated as a Significant Natural Area and features a pollinator garden, natural forested area with walking trails and interpretive signage.
You'll be in awe at the vastness of our trail system and left inspired by the beautiful adventure it will take you on. One popular route begins at the Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park and travels along the Sturgeon River to Kingswood Park. Along the way you'll pass scenic areas like Big Lake, Lions Park, St. Albert Botanic Park and many others!
Fun Fact: St. Albert has over 65,000 trees and has received the distinguished honour of being one of the Tree Cities of the World!
We ask when participating in any activity that you follow all provincial public health measures, including physical distancing. For more details, visit the Government of Alberta’s Stronger Public Health Measures.
Fitness Programs and Drop-In Classes
Starting June 14, public access to the following:
Monday to Friday 5:30 a.m.- 9 p.m., weekends & holidays 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Personal training, one-on-one and group dryland conditioning
- Tailor Made Insurance Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Christenson Developments Track & Training Centre
- Fitness drop-in classes indoors – begin reserving your spot, up to 7 days in advance; classes start June 21
Fountain Park Recreation Centre (by reservation only):
Daily 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Public swimming
- Lane swimming
- Aquafit classes
- Swim club bookings
Grosvenor Outdoor Pool (by reservation only):
Monday to Friday 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., weekends and holidays 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Public swimming
- Lane swimming
- Exercise and wellness drop-in
- Swim club and school bookings
Starting June 16
- Summer Camps outdoors –registration opens; camps start July 5
- Fitness Drop-in Classes indoors – begin reserving your spot, up to 7 days in advance; classes start June 21
- Summer Swim Lessons are still being confirmed, we will announce details as soon as we are able.
All activities are by reservation only. Learn more at Welcome Back
Last edited: June 11, 2021