Published on February 23, 2021
Freezeway Fun Facts
The Freezeway at Lions Park has been a big hit since it opened at the end of December. We thought we’d share some fun facts about our cool new skating area that’s bringing smiles and laughter to all who play on it.
- The best time to skate on the freezeway is when the temperature is between 0 and -15 degrees celsius.
- It's lit until 10 p.m. so skaters can enjoy nighttime skating.
- Frequent sweeping and flooding are needed to keep it in tip top shape.
- This ice surface should typically last longer than an outdoor boarded rink since there are no boards to reflect the sun and warm up the ice.
- It’s absolutely no cost to use!
The freezeway is a must visit this winter for enjoying the magic of skating with family. Its convenient location at Lions Park, 21 Sir Winston Churchill Ave. means there’s parking close by, plenty of picnic tables to sit at and get laced up, and also outdoor firepits so you can warm up with a marshmallow roast after playing on the ice.
Please follow all rules onsite and provincial publi health measures as you enjoy this new amenity.
How Do I Get There?
Last edited: February 23, 2021