The doors to Fountain Park Recreation Centre will open to the public on August 4 with reduced hours and program offerings; and a phased in opening of the various amenities and programs/activities, limited capacity and physical distancing restrictions to align with provincial guidelines.
Hours of operation
- Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Drop-in to Fountain Park Recreation Centre for some family swim fun, a self-paced water work out or lane swimming.
Check out the expanded drop-in schedule now!
Remember, all swimmers need to be registered. Other modifications also apply.
Welcome Back Video
Tour through Fountain Park Recreation Centre to see key changes due to COVID-19. Such as how to stay safe, amenities and activities available, and important modified operations and requirements you need to know before you arrive. We hope to see you soon.
Mandatory Face Coverings
The City’s priority is the health, safety and well-being of its residents, staff and visitors.
As of August 1, face coverings are required inside any civic facility, which includes Servus Credit Union Place, Fountain Park Recreation Centre (when it reopened on August 4), and Jarome Iginla Arena and Kinex Arena (when the arenas reopen on August 10, 2020).
As of August 8, face coverings will be required at all indoor public spaces within St. Albert. Indoor public places include any property accessible by the public, such as retail locations, recreation centres, restaurants, entertainment venues, transit shelters (semi-enclosed and enclosed) as well as vehicles for hire.
Face coverings are not required while patrons are swimming or exercising in designated areas of City facilities. However, once these activities have concluded we ask guests to please wear their face coverings in public and common areas, including change rooms, before exiting the facility.
More information, including other exceptions to the bylaw, can be found at stalbert.ca/facecovers.
- Pre-booking is required for family swim, lane swim, preschool plunge and fitness classes. You may reserve your spot(s) up to seven days in advance by phone, online or in person. You will need to set up an account before you pre-book. Follow the Step-By-Step Guides on Creating a New Account and Pre-Registering or you may call us at 780-459-1553 and we will walk you through this process. If you already have an account created, you may Sign-In to your account and begin to select and book Swim Times.
- Family and lane swim bookings are in one-hour time slots. We encourage users to book up to two hours max daily so others may also enjoy swim times.
- Changerooms will not be available prior to your swim and lockers will not available. Please bring a bag to hold all your belongings including shoes. There is a bag-drop area on the pool deck. Please bring only essential valuables and lock them in the wallet lockers available on the pool deck. If you require access to a special changeroom, please notify us upon arrival and we will accommodate.
- Changeroom showers are unavailable; please shower before you arrive and come with your swimming attire under your clothes to expedite the process. When you exit the pool, you may rinse off at the pool deck showers.
- The swimsuit spinners are not available.
- Arrive a minimum of 20 minutes before your program or booked time to allow time for entry through the new process
- Building entry and exit is through main doors only and patron access is limited to the front foyer, changerooms, washrooms and the pool area
- Please follow signs and directional arrows to guide you in and throughout the facility
Lifejackets / Toys
- During family swim and preschool plunge, lifejackets are available but toys and baby boats are not available
- Lane swim will be double wide so you will swim up in one lane and back in the other. The speed of swimming will be divided to assist with spacing. Flutter boards are available only for lane swimming
- Fitness Classes have changed so please ensure you read through the descriptions before reserving your spot. Due to physical distancing requirements some participants may need to position in deep water with an aqua jogger belt (provided) and others in shallow water.
- Some levels have been changed and not all levels will be offered during the initial re-opening. Please read through the descriptions to ensure you are registering for the correct level.
- Babes and Tots, Preschool levels, Swimmer 1-2 will require an adult (15yrs+) family member (or cohort) in the water to support the learner (one caregiver for each student)
- The supporting adult must be reasonably comfortable in the water and be willing to wear a lifejacket or aqua jogging belt in deep water when requested.
- Instructors will be on deck providing direction and feedback
- Minimal equipment will be used during classes. Babes and Tots are encouraged to bring their own bath type toys to use during classes
- Spectators will not be permitted. If your child is registered in an unparented class, if needed, you may accompany your child until their program begins. Once your child is with the instructor please exit the facility through the changerooms. To pick up your child please follow the signs to the Parent Waiting Area. -Space is limited in this area.
Fountain Park Recreation Centre Admission/Memberships:
- Please call prior to visiting to purchase a new membership or to re-activate an existing membership to eliminate congestion at the desk.
- Please avoid using cash if possible – debit and credit card are preferred.
- Wristbands will be given to the users to put on themselves to limit physical contact.
- Existing Memberships/Passes
- 10 visit passes remain in place and the expiry dates will be extended 4.5 months
- Monthly memberships that expired during the closure period were cancelled effective March 14, 2020 and a credit has been applied to the member account relative to the length remaining on your membership.
- Annual memberships paid-in-full will remain on hold until August 14 and membership end date will be extended five months. To re-activate your membership for use prior to August 14, please call or email Guest Services at least 2 business days prior to when you wish to return.
- Annual members - If you are not able to return by August 14, please contact us in advance to discuss options.
For further details on Fountain Park Recreation Centre memberships and program information or bookings, please call 780-418-6088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited: September 16, 2020