Have a question about child-minding at Servus Place? See if we've answered it below - if not, please feel free to contact us!
What are your staffing ratios?
- Under 19 months - 1 staff member per 5 kids
- 19 months to 3 years - 1 staff member per 8 kids
- 3 to 5 years - 1 staff member per 12 kids
- 5 years and older - 1 staff member per 15 kids
What is the sign-in/sign-out process?
HOW TO SIGN-IN:
- Parents will purchase either a single-use pass or a 10-hour punch pass for child-minding services from the Guest Services Desk. Punch pass credits will be added to the parent’s Child-Minding/Membership Card. Please bring receipts and Child-Minding/Membership Cards to the child-minding room to assist with the sign-in/our process. If it's your first time using the service, a registration form will need to be completed and brought to the child-minding room.
- When you arrive at the child-minding room, staff will use your Child-Minding/Membership Card to check your account balance while you sign-in your child(ren). Our staff can also confirm that you have enough time remaining on your card for your visit. If you require more time you will need to visit Guest Services to top up your account. A 15-minute buffer will be required on your account balance to use the child-minding service.
- Once sign-in is complete, staff will place a band on your child's wrist indicating the time of entry according to the clock in the child-minding room.
Please note: We have a booking service available for our patrons. See our Registration Form for more information.
HOW TO SIGN-OUT:
- Please check-in with the child-minding staff upon your return; they will confirm payment and may require you to purchase more time at guest services if needed.
- Please gather your child and their belongings from the cubbies.
- Child-minding staff will remove your child's wristband.
Please note: There is a five-minute grace period, however, anything over five minutes will be charged the next 15 minutes.
What sort of activities will my child do?
Our staff take great care to ensure your child has a safe and enjoyable experience and encourage children’s participation with books, toys, puzzles, and colouring. Staff and children will remain in the child-minding room for the duration of your child’s visit.
What if I have a health and safety concern?
- Children play in close contact, which allows germs to be easily transmitted. In consideration of other children and staff, we ask that you refrain from bringing children who are ill.
- Please be aware that your child will be signed out only when the matching ticket stub is presented.
- Toys and equipment are disinfected daily to ensure a clean and safe play environment.
- Medications will not be distributed or administered by staff, with the exception of an EpiPen.
What about food in the child-minding room?
- Parents are encouraged to pack a snack for their child - please label all snacks, containers and drinks.
- In consideration of children and staff with allergies, please do not send snacks with nut products; popcorn is also discouraged as it is a choking hazard.
- Please note that we are not equipped to serve lunch or breakfast. Feel free to use the lobby or other meeting areas to feed your child prior to entering the child-minding space.
What should my child bring?
- Clean indoor shoes.
- Clothes that they can freely play in and are allowed to get a little dirty.
- Clearly labelled personal items (diapers, bottles, baby wipes, extra clothing, snacks, etc). Bring personal items in a large Ziploc with the child's name on it.
- If your child prefers a special toy, you are welcome to bring it along; however, please exercise caution as staff cannot be responsible for lost, shared or damaged toys. Please take your valuables with you (i.e. purses, wallets, cash) and do not leave them in diaper bags.
- A smile and eagerness to have fun!
Last edited: January 24, 2020