Fowler Athletic Park
Fowler Athletic Park is an ideal spot for athletes to practice track and field events such as long jump, high jump and hammer/discus throw. The refurbished track is also a prime location for runners training for short or long-distance events, and it's great for anyone wanting to exercise outdoors.
Fowler Athletic Park is named after former St. Albert Mayor, Richard S. Fowler, and opened in 1979 as part of the Alberta Summer Games. It is a municipal facility that is included under a joint-use agreement, which means the facility is used by schools, local organizations, and the general public. It is also the home of the St. Albert Track and Field Club.
Fowler Athletic Park underwent refurbishment in 2021. The following upgrades were made to the Park:
- Track surface regrading and installation of a new track surface
- Installation of new equipment including:
- throwing cage and shot put circle
- long/triple jump runways and jump pits
- D-pad area for high-jump, javelin throw and pole volt
- steeple jump pit
- Upgrades to the building including new garage doors, electrical and exterior painting
- New concrete retaining wall with fence, asphalt pad for timekeeper area and portable toilet area, as well as new permanent garbage cans
- New grading and sod on the infield
- You may use the infield of the track but please be gentle on the grass as it is still new
$2.3M in Social Infrastructure funding for Fowler Athletic Park thanks to the Government of Canada.
Interested in booking the track? Visit the bookings page
Spontaneous Use Hours
When not rented or programmed, the park is available for use from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. as identified in the Parks Bylaw.
Last edited: June 14, 2022