The Woodlands Skatepark washrooms will be closed August 3 for maintenance work.
Portable toilets will be available during the closure. Thank you for your understanding.
Woodlands Skatepark - Now Open!
The City of St. Albert is excited to announce the reopening of the Woodlands Skatepark.
Built in 2020, this brand new, modern facility was designed to meet the needs of the community today and in the future by providing improved terrain and features that cater to users of all ages and skill levels of non-motorized wheeled action sport users.
New features of the skatepark include:
- Stand-alone pool-style bowl with full concrete coping edges
- Street elements, including stairs with handrail, ledges and banks
- Over 14,000 sq ft of better-utilized park space that allows for safer flow lines and creates opportunities for multi-users of all skill levels and abilities
- Benches with shade structures for an improved spectator experience
- Upgraded lighting structures to allow for night riding (lighting will be energized by mid-April 2021)
- See the full list of skatepark features
Legacy of the Skatepark
Concrete from the old skateboard park was crushed and reused in the sub-base material for the new skatepark, and paving stones from the old park were incorporated into the design of the new facility.
For the best ride, keep it clean from graffiti.
In a skatepark environment graffiti changes depth perception and creates a slick sheen on the surface, which creates safety hazards for riders. Graffiti is not allowed at the Woodlands Skatepark.
Regardless of style, size or colour, graffiti is vandalism and a criminal offense when placed on public or private property without the owner’s consent and will be enforced by Municipal Enforcement Officers.
Share the park and keep it clean for everyone’s enjoyment. Help maintain a safe and fun experience for everyone by respecting other users and following these guidelines.
The skatepark is a fast-moving environment that requires constant awareness of your surroundings.
- Ride/skate at your own risk. This is an unsupervised area.
- Protective equipment, including helmet, is recommended for all riders.
- All cyclists and skateboarders under the age of 12 must wear a helmet.
- Ride within your limits.
- Understand the flow lines and look before you ride.
- Yell “board” as a courtesy to others if your board shoots out or away.
- Do not rest your board on the coping when another rider is running their line.
- “Snaking,” going when it’s not your turn, is poor etiquette and dangerous.
- Take turns, keep runs short and when you bail, get out of the way quickly.
- Keep the riding surface clear of personal items.
- Children under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an adult.
- No smoking or vaping in parks or on trails.
- No graffiti as it changes depth perception and creates a slick sheen on the surface which are safety hazards for riders.
- No motorized equipment of any kind on the riding surface.
How do I get there?
The Skatepark is located behind the Woodlands Water Park (165 Sturgeon).
Spontaneous Use Hours
Available for use from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. as identified in the Parks Bylaw.
Last edited: July 29, 2021