The cross country skiing trails are now open. When using them, please remember the following:
- The groomed trails are for cross-country skiing only. Please do not walk on them.
- Keep dogs off the tracks, on leash, and pick up pet waste immediately and always carry a means of picking up after your pet. Read more about all the dog guidelines.
About the Ski Trails
The City of St. Albert, St. Albert Nordic Ski Club, Sturgeon County, Riverlot 56 Association, Sturgeon Valley Golf Course, and Cantiro developers have worked together to provide cross-country skiing opportunities for the community.
The St. Albert Nordic Ski Club grooms cross-country ski trails west along Sturgeon Road, Kingswood Park, the Riverlot 56 Natural Area, and northeast into Sturgeon County up into Bellerose River Park. This provides trails for residents to use for both classic and skate skiing.
For the latest trail conditions, check out the St. Albert Nordic Ski Club's Facebook page.
To ensure alignment with provincial public health orders:
- Cross-country ski trails are for use only by individuals or by groups of 10 or fewer people;
- Please maintain at least two metres physical distance for all users.
The cross-country ski trails can be accessed from several locations:
- Bellerose River Walk parking lot: 18 Bellerose River Walk, Sturgeon County (A in map).
- Kingswood Park parking lot: 395 Sir Winston Churchill Ave, St. Albert (B in map).
- Legion Memorial Ball Park parking lot: 215 Sturgeon Road, St. Albert (C in map).
- Riverlot 56 parking lot: Poundmaker road, St. Albert (D in map).
Please note, there is no access available from the golf course parking lot and parking is not permitted in River's Gate.
Last edited: February 18, 2022