Drop-in Fitness Schedules
Working out in the water is an effective way to build cardiovascular endurance and muscle strength. Aqua-fitness classes use the buoyancy of your body and special resistance equipment to create a challenging at-your-own-pace workout. Exercises involve all areas of the body and are low-impact, minimizing the stress to joints during classes.
Effective from October 2 - December 22, 2017
Work on flexibility, muscle strength, and cardio endurance in this relaxed, fun and effective class, taught in the shallow end of the leisure pool. This at-your-own-pace class is great for all fitness levels.
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 - 9:00 am
Fit for Life
Get set for the day with this early morning water workout; all fitness levels and pre-natal are welcome! Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are shallow water workouts in the leisure pool and Wednesdays we change it up by moving to the deep end of the leisure pool.
- Monday through Friday: 6:50 - 7:50 am
A deep water class in the leisure pool, designed to build muscular strength and endurance. This class has been scheduled to co-ordinate with your child's evening swim class. Please see the administrative staff for more details.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 5:00 - 5:45 pm
This program is a low-impact enjoyable and well-balanced shallow water aerobic workout to music. Taking place in the leisure pool, it is appropriate for non-swimmers, pre/post-natal women and for people of all ages and fitness levels. The program includes both cardiovascular and muscular strength training components. If you have any concerns or special needs, please talk to the instructor.
- Monday through Friday: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:15 - 9:15 pm
Wednesdays: 8:30 - 9:30 pm
Wake Up Workout
Start your day with this fun and challenging class! Sessions vary in intensity and emphasize flexibility, strength, cardio endurance, and core stability. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are in the shallow end of the leisure pool, and Tuesday and Thursday are in the deep end. Fridays we incorporate different exercises with Aqua Pilates.
- Monday through Friday: 6:00 - 6:45 am
- Saturdays: 7:00-8:00 am
This is a class with a mixture of deep water running, strength and toning exercises. Appropriate for all participants who are comfortable in deep water while wearing an aqua-belt to keep you afloat. This class takes place in the competition pool.
- Monday through Friday: 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Coached workouts for distance training and skill development. Great for people who want: fitness-learn to swim program, introduction to distance swimming, introduction to competitive swimming or training for Masters Competitions. Fitness conditioning coaches are certified through the Canadian Amateur Swimming Association.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8:00 - 9:00 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Sundays: 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Deep Water classes ended August 18, 2017 due to competition pool shutdown.
- Schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Statutory Holidays and corresponding weekends have alternate schedules.
- For more information please see our Schedule Changes.
Last edited: November 16, 2017