Fountain Park Recreation Centre Annual Spruce Up
Fountain Park will be closed for our annual spruce up on the following dates:
- Full facility closed: August 26 - September 10, 2017, reopening on September 11, 2017.
- Competition pool and hot tub closed: August 19 – October 1, 2017, reopening on October 2, 2017.
The Spruce Up gives staff an opportunity to complete a deep clean of the pool and conduct required maintenance that can not be completed while it is open. It is done annually to ensure the facility stays on top of maintenance, helping to avoid longer closures in the future. The competition pool and hot tub will take additional time to complete and will be closed for a longer period. The major spruce up initiatives this year are:
- New filters for the competition pool and hot tub.
- Deep cleaning of the entire facility.
- Maintenance work on the water metre.
- Repair of broken tiles on the pool deck.
We encourage residents to use the Landrex Water Play Centre at Servus Place, or Grosvenor Outdoor Pool (until September 4, 2017) during the closure. Fountain Park members will receive free access to these facilities during the closure.
Last edited: August 10, 2017