Coal Mine Park
About the Park
Coal Mine Park is designated as a Significant Natural Area, so preserving and enhancing the already existing plant life was key in its development. Unique features of the park include a pollinator garden and natural forested area, so visitors will enjoy an immersive nature experience right within an urban area. Interpretive signage has been provided at the park, so everyone can learn about the unique relationships between the plant and animal life that exist here and how they provide important biodiversity to our city.
- Natural walking trails
- Pollinator garden
- Forested area
- Interpretive signage
- Benches and trash receptacles
Please remember when using the park
- All dogs must be on-leash.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Natural areas may contain hazardous conditions, so use at your own risk.
- Leave no trace and stay on established trails.
- Leave trees (both living and non-living) in place.
How do I get there?
The park is located at the corner of Everitt Dr. N and Ebony Way.
Spontaneous Use Hours
Available for use from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. as identified in the Parks Bylaw.
Last edited: January 20, 2021